Tuesday, October 21, 2014

In my weakness

Today I had an awakening. I have been praying for several months now about my family's finances. My husband is very blessed with the full-time salary he makes as pastor of our church. But, you all know as well as I do, feeding 5 people is NOT cheap; neither is anything else, for that matter! So we've been praying and seeking different ways to help supplement some much needed grocery money. Let me just stop and say this right now;  God has ALWAYS provided, A.L.W.A....well you get the point! ALWAYS! So myself being human is the only reason why I would ever question anything different. This time He proved again how He can work wonders, even when we least expect.
In praying for our finances I have sought out a couple different ways to make some extra money myself. As you know it is most important to my family that I'm at home to care for and school my children, so a job has to be VERY specific to our families needs. Well through all this prayer, I've felt as though God was telling me to teach piano lessons. I play. I took piano for 9 years as a child/teen. I was the accompanist for our Jr High and High School choirs (and really strengthened my knowledge and skill through that.) Still, I would stop and think, I am NO Beethoven, and then politely shove that thought to the side.
Once again we've come to the end of the month and funds are lower than normal and I decided to pray a little harder. A message came through from a facebook friend. It said this "I know I've asked you before but things and seasons change. Are you teaching piano lessons?" Hmmmmmm.....OK, God. I hear you. Now what? So I replied. I explained that as a matter of fact, I have been praying through starting to teach and would love to have her as a student. She replied "my daughter wants to take too." Hmmmmm.....Are you seeing a pattern here? God's still shouting from that corner I pushed Him in, "HELLO!!!!! I GOT THIS!!!!!" So, I giggle to myself and realize that I better listen while He's offering. Noone likes to miss out on a blessing because of self ignorance!
I posted an "ad," so to speak, about lessons. I got a GREAT response, and not even 24 hours later I have around 10 students signed up!!! I'm so very humbled for God's provision. At the same time I'm very nervous. I'm not very good at having full confidence in myself. But, today I have found much comfort in His Word and promises. "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever." Philippians 4:19-20
Moral of this story...Never doubt what God can do. Always use your abilities, talents, and gifts to glorify Him. "Wait upon the Lord" as in Isaiah 40. And ALWAYS remember..."not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11-13
In my weakness, He's made stronger. You can say the same!
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment