Monday, November 17, 2014

He does NOT need another mother!

This is to all women out there; single, engaged, even married. Your man (whether present or future) does not need another mother! There I've said it. Don't act like you don't know what I mean either. You know very well what I'm talking about. As women we have a tendency that is just natural instinct to want to mother everything and everyone we are around and that includes our men, but that's the last thing he needs. Now let me just go ahead and say sometimes men can be big babies, some bigger than others, but still babies! During times when my husband is sick or not feeling good I will still cook him some soup and bring him medicine and check his temperature. That's where I need to draw the line though. My husband is a few years younger than me and we started dating at a very young age (for him, at least). When we were engaged only a year later, he was still in high school. Then we married 2 weeks after he graduated. It was just easy for me to mother him. I joked and would say that I snatched me up a young 'en so that I could raise him to be who I wanted to be. Funny then, but looking back it's a horrible thing to say. Here's the point I'm getting at....It's not who I want him to be, it should be who God wants him to be. And, to put it a little differently, it is the person who God makes my husband out to be not anything I've had to do with.

Sometimes as women we think that we are helping by giving "suggestions" of how our man should act, dress, talk, walk, and even smell like, and they may very well be good advice, but the thing is that we are suppose to be his help mate. We were never created to be his god or his mom or his commanding officer. We should not want our husband to bow to our every command. This only shows weakness and it's definitely not how the Bible describes our role as wives. Our men want to feel...well, manly. They want to grunt and roar at power tools, smell like gas and oil if they so choose to, and have us still swoon over their muscles as they lift our children to the air! Keeping a constant nagging watch over every little thing they say or do only belittles their manliness, but even more damaging it kills their spirit. Men are naturally born with a spirit of power, of authority. Too many times that authority and will to conquer life can be drenched and drowned out by an overpowering woman. It is too sad when a man has lost all will to fight and all will to be who GOD called him to be because he's worried what his wife will say or he's been told he's wrong one too many times.

Instead of telling him what he's doing wrong, encourage him by praising what he's doing right! Instead of belittling his every action, give him the power to lead. I constantly hear women say "I wish my husband were more of a leader." GIVE HIM THE REINS!!!!! LET HIM LEAD and he might just surprise you! I've heard a story before about the greatest thing a marriage councelor ever said was telling a wife "YOU CAN'T FIX HIM!" Boy, is that so true. If you have a husband that's in dire need of spiritual guidance, maybe he does not even know God, all the nagging, commanding, and mothering in the world CANNOT fix him. But...there is still hope! If you'll only step aside and let God have your husband, you'll see that God can fix him like you never could. You'll see God's Holy Spirit can convict, like you never could. You'll see God can change, like you never could.

Our men do not need another mother. Give him over to God. Let Him do the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment