Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Bring on Fall! Changing of the Seasons!!!

I absolutely love times when here in South MIssissippi we can actually feel and see the changing of the seasons and my all time favorite is FALL!!! This morning there's a coolness in the air and a breeze blowing and for this ole girl it puts a pep in my step! I have 5,000 things I need to do inside my home today but I do believe those will all find the back burner since I know we will all want to be outside in this beautiful weather. It's a picnic-table-under-the-shade tree kind of school day! One reason I so love the changing of seasons is the great representation that it gives us of God's Word. In the Bible God tells us many different times about a newness He can give. Here are a few of my favorite verses:
#1. Lamentations 3:22-24 ESV
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”
**How great to think that no matter what's happened yesterday God's mercy is new again every morning and they're never-ending! We can have that blessed hope in Him because of knowing this one truth!
#2. Revelation 21:4-5 (ESV)
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
**As children of God we can trust in the hope of our future and eternity! He makes all things new for then and for now.
#3.II Corinthians 5:17 ESV
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
**Oh the new creation I became once I gave my life over to God. I never knew how dead I had become inside. The feeling of a new fresh start and a Savior that took the broken clay I was and started molding me over and over was one I'll always remember and I return to that time of the start of my relationship with my Christ again and again.
And here's my newest favorite....
#4. Ephesians 4:22-24 ESV
"To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness."
**It makes me proud to know that time after time when I feel like the old person I was is creeping back in I can shake off the dust and my newness shines through again. That's what being a new creature in Christ does for us. If we set our minds to being renewed over and over, again and again, He will help us to cast aside the old and let the new shine on!

Here's to a new season. A newness of life. Cool air, crispy brown leaves, and the hum of locust so loud all you can do is praise God with them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment